[New Quizzes] Create Item Banks from MSWord
Added to Theme
Increase search functionality and flexibility of questions in Item Banks Theme Status: Identified
You have three great ideas here.
- The GIFT idea exists and can be found at " modifiedtitle="true" title="GIFT format import
- The QTI import already exists How do I import Quizzes from QTI packages?
- There are ways to import questions from other courses
- How do I import content from another Canvas course? - where you can select specific content!
- Canvas Commons will also allow the import of quizzes/questions
- I thought the MS Word import idea existed, but when I looked I was not able to find it. Here is an archived idea that referenced it, but the link is no longer there? " style="color: #2989c5; .
If you want to revise your idea to be specific to the MSWord Import idea only we would be happy to move it through to open for voting July 1
Hello @Renee Carney
Thanks for your reply.
I've seen that the Gift idea is open for voting but not yet implemented. I've alreeady vote for that
Regarding the QTI import I know that the option exists but not an easy way for instructors to create the file from scratch. Most of this packages are created by the LMS like moodle for instance so you can easily import all the questions created there and import them to Canvas. I'm going to edit my request to make it clear.
But what I want to highlight here is that sometimes questions are created outside from the LMS using and excel or a csv or even a word document, and it would be easier to have the ability to import them easily and avoid create them one by one in canvas.
That is perfect. Narrow your idea down to that scope and we will get it open July 1 for voting!
Thank you for pulling that important idea out @rmurchshafer2 . I must have missed it when reading the post. That would be another idea entirely. Would you mind submitting that as a new feature idea? Thanks!
Do you want me to edit this idea to highlight the idea of importing into account/subaccount level? Or is it better to create a new one?
The Importing into account/subaccount level will need to be its' own.
You will be editing this idea to focus solely on the importing from MSWord idea
Thank you @rmurchshafer2 for posting this idea. Here is a link in case anyone ready/following this thread is looking for it
Thanks @ @Renee_Carney I've already edited the request and also voted for the @Rick Murch-Shafer thread idea. 🙂
Hi @rledda - lots of good discussion and ideas.
Thanks for updating the idea to emphasize MSWord imports. I've also updated the title which was previously "Create Question Banks importing existing content" to "Create Question Banks from MSWord" to clarify further.
This idea will be open for voting in the next voting cycle! Good luck!
- « Previous
- Next »