[New Quizzes] Quiz Submissions drop down visible even when having more than 65 submissions per quiz

Problem statement:

Please enable the drop-down for speed grader so that I can see all the attempts and their grades with just a click. Without this aid, not only do I have to spend additional time checking grades, but it is becomes a repetitive motion that is ergonomically unsound. The drop-down feature for each student on Speed Grader allows me to easily recalculate any grades where the student scored less than 60% on any attempt. The current grading system does not allow for if-then clauses, so all students initially receive the highest grade, which is contradictory to the syllabus. Your manual mentions that if there are more than 65 submissions, the drop-down menu for all submissions per student is no longer available

Proposed solution:

Enable this highly used feature on submitted quizzes and/or assignments even though Canvas registers more than 65 submissions per Canvas course

User role(s):

instructor,designer

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @lsteiner2 -

With New Quizzes, instructors can change which submission is being viewed in SpeedGrader. Does this match the description for the feature you shared? If so and your school is using Classic Quizzes, it would be a great conversation starter for you as you work with your local Canvas admin. If not, what additional details would be helpful to you as you work to provide feedback to students?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by September 26, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider