[New Quizzes] RCE to match Canvas

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please feel free to turn this feature idea off if it's been addressed (or on it's way?) but I am not initially seeing it. With the new Rich Content Editor rolling into Canvas (June 2020), can I request that we have one RCE across Canvas (inclusive of the Equation Editor)?

I'd like to request New Quizzes use the same RCE as within a Canvas course. (or at a minimum can the icons and locations of options be the same?)

Training and supporting a single content creation tool for rich text allows for a more seamless adoption of New Quizzes and ongoing consistency. Faculty and students will see the New Quizzes as part of Canvas a bit more easily. (and no need to reinvent the wheel Smiley Happy).

New RCE (Wiris-like Equation Editor)

337050_Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.35.16 AM.png

New Quizzes RCE (MathQuill Equation Editor)

337051_Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.36.38 AM.png

Melanie

Added to Theme

65 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

jfountain
Community Participant
Problem statement:

The Rich Content Editor (RCE) within New Quizzes does not offer an HTML editor or an "Image Options" menu to change things such as Alt Text and percentage scaling.

Proposed solution:

Please consider replicating the Canvas RCE in New Quizzes, including the HTML editor and Image Options. This is required to support online accessibility standards and to streamline the Canvas user experience.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,ta,designer

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
  Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2023-06-17) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2023-06-17)