[New Quizzes] bring back question groups please

Problem statement:

In classic quizzes, all questions for a chapter or topic could be organized into a question bank. On the quiz, questions could be organized into groups. For my purposes, I organized all questions from one chapter into a bank. Then on the quiz I could create banks for each objective of the chapter. That way I make sure to test all objectives instead of completely randomizing questions from the chapter. When migrating a classic quiz into new quizzes, all question groups became item banks. It is now extremely overwhelming to work with item banks when I have over 225 item banks to work with.

Proposed solution:

Allow question groups again. Question groups can be linked to item banks or select questions from item banks could be included in a question group.

User role(s):

instructor

1 Comment
MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production. Upon review by the Product Team, this request was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans.

If you would like to group questions under one section, you could use a stimulus type question. Stimulus questions allow questions to be associated to content provided at the start of the question type. Instructions can be found here.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!