[Accounts] Program-level features

Problem statement:

Canvas is sorely lacking program-level features. There are numerous use-cases for these features.

Here's one small but common one: My course is offered to students enrolled in a range of programs. From time to time, I have to contact the Program Leads about individual students. The problem is that there is no way to know which student comes from which program.

Proposed solution:

Program-level features should be implemented.

Some examples:

• Programs should have many-to-many relationship with Courses. However, Admins should be able to configure this to a one-to-many relationship. This would accommodate most, if not all, use-cases.
  • Program name should be a field available in student profiles. Admins should be able configure this to be a mandatory field. Again, this would accommodate the vast majority of use-cases.
  • Program Leads added to a program site should be automatically added to Course sites for all courses associated with the respective program.
  • People page (Course Roster) should have a Program column, showing which program each student belongs to.
  • A program-level student gradebook, showing student grades in all modules should be available in the Program site. The Instructors/Teachers in any Course should be able to overlay calendars of ALL Courses associated with ALL programs associated with that course. This is so that the teachers can plan student "to dos", "assignments" etc while avoiding clashes with other courses and/or spacing these out.
  • A "Program Catalog" should be available in the Program site, showing all the Courses associated with the Program.

I am sure there are many more features that could be added that I can't think of right now but the Community will definitely post in replies.

User role(s):

instructor