Repeated events

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be helpful to add an event one time and have it repeat in the calendar without having to enter it numerous times. Uses would be for classes, appointments, work.  For example, it would be nice to enter "Chemistry Lab, 8am on Tuesday" and have an option to put it on the calendar every Tuesday up to an end date.

Comments from Instructure...

"Batch Event Creator" has been released in Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-09-08)

8 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

FYI...  recurring events was planned earlier this Summer, but then it was taken off of the release notes due to some additional things Canvas programmers needed to fix.  Here are a couple links of posts from erinhallmark for your reference:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4224#comment-14138

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4224#comment-14512

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

The best update is actually this feature idea:

And I think it may be close. Smiley Happy

Erin

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Oooh!  Thanx erinhallmark!

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

panda_smile_copypng_iphone_55s_candy_case.jpg?height=250&width=250&padToSquare=true @lcamp ​ thank you for this great idea. Many people share your same desires and I'm excited that your feature idea is currently in development. Please follow the original feature idea about this ​ and BOOKMARK it so you will be notified of any updates 😉 In the meantime we will archive this duplicate idea.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @lcamp  for submitting this idea. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

jeffrey_weimer
Community Contributor

Ugh!

Here I anticipated to find options to repeat my calendar lectures by selected days (e.g. MWF or TR) over 12 weeks. No! Instead, for each week, I have to set to repeat ONLY the first lecture. Then I have to set to repeat ONLY the second lecture. Then I have to set to repeat ONLY the third lecture.

Am I alone in finding this limitation is rather disappointing?

--

JJW

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed