Rubric View on Student Mobile App

I have a suggestion for the mobile app. When I get an assignment back, in the Grades screen, I can click onto the score and view 3 tabs at the bottom: Comments, Files, and Rubric.

When I click on Rubric in the mobile app, it shows this very strange version of the rubric where each category only gets 1 line of text. This means most rubric categories are cut off after a few words. Not very helpful in terms of clarity when most categories on a rubric say “Student effectively utilizes skill that...” and then it’s cut off. Why is there no option to expand the rubric category so we know what we got full points on, and what we got marked off for? I understand this is on desktop, but why is this not a thing on mobile?

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Mobile

For more information, please read through the Canvas Student Release Notes (iOS 6.10)

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

When an assignment includes a rubric, any comments added to the rubric display in the app. This change helps students view all comments for an assignment.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Student Release Notes (iOS 6.10).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed