[Rubrics] Searching rubrics to assignment with external tool

Problem statement:

If you create an assignment with external tool, you can choose "+ Rubrics" at the bottom. A window will appear where you can choose "Search rubrics" on the right. However, this link does not work if you have external tool set up for your assignment. Previously this link did work. I contacted Canvas support and they indeed informed me that it unfortunately seems adding rubrics does have limitations when working with external tool assignments.

Proposed solution:

To solve it for now, you can remove the external tool (create a regular assignment), add the rubric, and add the external tool again after the rubric is successfully linked to the assignment. Perhaps in a future update this link can be rectified again so that creating an assignment with external link can be provided with rubrics immediately.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,designer

2 Comments
SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @Martine_Steyven, we recently deployed a fix that's overviewed in these deploy notes. Could you confirm that you're still experiencing this?

SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

I'm marking this issue as "Will Not Consider" because I believe it has already been resolved. Please provide additional details if you think this has not been resolved.