Set Quiz Available to One Student or One Group

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...
  Idea will be open for vote May 5th, 2015 - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

We would like to be able to have a setting on quizzes that we can indicate that the quiz is only available to one student or a group.

Sometimes there are practical cases where the student may need to take a special version of a quiz.  Also, when groups are working on specific topics, a specialty quiz may be utilized for just that group.  This would be similar to group assignments.

Response from Instructure

Please review the following!  What do Differentiated Assignments look like in Canvas?

For the scope of this project reference Canvas Studio: Differentiated Assignments

7 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for your submission. I can see how there would be a need to deploy assessments by student and/or by a group. Have you tried any work-arounds related to putting groups (or individual students) into sections and administering the quiz that way?

How do I create a Quiz for a specific section?

ldprogrammers
Community Novice

We do not want to have to create another section in order to do this.  With a large institution, scalability is a concern. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I believe that this could be accomplished upon the implementation of Canvas Studio: Granular differentiated assignments , which is listed in the Canvas Studio as "in development." I'm taking the use of the word "assignments" in this context to include quizzes, and I hope that's an accurate assumption.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Please review the following!  What do Differentiated Assignments look like in Canvas?

For the scope of this project reference Canvas Studio: Differentiated Assignments

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed