[Speedgrader] Rich Text Editor in Speedgrader Comments

Add the Rich Text Editor to the Comments section of Speedgrader.

"I want to recommend books, etc., or to properly format foreign words, and so on, and want to set the example, of course, of doing so properly.  Thank you"

"Instructors have told me they'd like formatting (bold, italic, colors) in the comment boxes in order to emphasize a statement without typing all caps (which seems like they're yelling at the students)."

"As an instructor in a virtual classroom I need to be able to make my communication with students richer to better get my points across.  Add rich text capabilities and allow me to make the Comment boxes larger while you are at it."

Transferred from the old Community

Originally Posted By: Joshua Shannon
Special thanks for contributions by: Teri Portman, Albert Turner

102 Comments
pgreen4
Community Member
Problem statement:

When leaving comments for students in assignments and/or in rubrics, allow for colored font, bold and italics print, and/or the highlight function.

Proposed solution:

Stand-alone assignment comments, as well as comments in the rubric, lack personalization. Provide teachers with the option to make their comments more visible both in the comment section of an assignment and in rubrics.

User role(s):

instructor

e_j_armstrong
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

Sometimes teachers want to link to online guides or to audio or video feedback stored on a different platform when leaving comments on student assignments in Speedgrader

Proposed solution:

Allow hyperlinks to be added in the Comments box on Speedgrader

User role(s):

admin