iOS Canvas Student Course View

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please revert back to the view with 2 courses side by side….the new update only has one course which forces students to scroll through a list to see courses 3-8. 

27 Comments
ARSITOLENTINO
Community Novice

Please bring back the old canvas layout (the square ones). It is much easier to navigate the courses with that, or if you could, you can add an option to choose other layouts. Thanks!

cf24
Community Novice

The layout of my Canvas Dashboard updated to a single file list, rather than a grid pattern. Is there any way to change this back individually or was it a permanent part of the update? Before, I was able to see all of my courses at a glance, but now I have to scroll and the other layout worked better for me as a professional school student.

xwang27
Community Novice

I don't like cellphone list view, I like card view! please change it back!

JoshuaBahk
Community Member

I agree with the other commenters here. The new rectangular box design on canvas makes it more difficult to use and also makes it harder to see your grades all at once. 

My recommendation is not necessarily reverting it to the old version (since I understand it had to change for accessibility purposes) but to provide a new settings option on the mobile app that would allow users to customize the number of course boxes in each row. For example, one course per row would be the default, two courses per row (what it initially was before the update) would be an option, as well as potentially even three courses per row for those who want a more compact interface. Customizability provides the benefits of accessibility while also providing options for those with different preferences. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Student Release Notes (iOS 6.15)

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed