Code of Conduct Agreement

Jump to solution
venitk
Community Champion

Is there a way to have a Code of Conduct agreement that students have to agree to before they an access the course material?

In D2L we set it up as a quiz that wasn't associated with the gradebook. Students read the agreement, then clicked "I agree" and that scored them at 100% for the quiz, and then they got access.

Maybe I'm missing it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have a graded quiz that's not connected to the grades? And if I set it up as an ungraded survey, my only option for setting a requirement on the module is for students to view the survey, not "pass" it. 

Would it work to put a graded quiz/survey in its own assignment group that counts as 0% towards the final grade?

1 Solution
themidiman
Community Champion

Having the quiz in a zero-weighted assignment group would prevent it from counting towards the final grade as you suggested. Then also putting it in a module as the sole completion requirement with the rest of the content being in a subsequent module or series of modules with that first module as a prerequisite seems to be the best solution.

View solution in original post