What about Multiple Assignment Attempts?

Jump to solution
cholling
Community Champion

A while back I responded to a conversation about assignment submissions that  @James ‌ was involved in. I've since lost that conversation thread but still don't have know the answer to the question I posed. At our institution, students can submit an assignment as often as they want as long as the assignment window is still open. Students can only see their final submission, but instructors can see and access any of the submissions.

The 2020-07-18 Release Notes mention (as did that previous conversation I mentioned) A Submissions Attempt option. I don’t see that in my test course and so don’t know whether it won’t be implemented until next month or there’s another reason I don’t see it. Has it not be released yet or is there another reason I'm not seeing it? What is the difference between using multiple submissions the way we do it during the assignment's open window and using the checkbox options? Is it one or the other, or simply the fact that instructors can limit the number of submissions? Will using the checkbox options functionally work the same way as we do multiple submissions, meaning that the instructor can see each submission through the dropdown in speedgrader?

I hope this is clear.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi cholling 

The ability to limit assignment submissions was just recently added to Canvas. Learn more at Can a student resubmit Canvas assignments? 

And, if multiple submissions are permitted, then yes you can still access all of the submissions.

Did I just make your day?

Kelley

View solution in original post