Hide the grades/comments pane while grading in Android app

ryan_lopezdevin
Community Member

I just picked up a new tablet as well as an e-ink tablet, which I'm hoping will reduce my eye strain while grading. I also needed to get a new phone, so it's been a lot of new tech for me lately. Anyway, I have now installed canvas on all three devices (Android smartphone, Android tablet, Android-based e-ink tablet which is like a reMarkable 2 but with more functionality).

My problem is that in the current version, the grading pane has switched from below the student document to the right of the student document, and there is no evident way to minimize the pane. This is true in both portrait and landscape. As a result, roughly 1/3 of the screen in either orientation is now eliminated and I cannot view a document in full screen mode. This makes grading almost worthless to me on the app, which was previously my favorite way to grade. 

Curiously, on my phone, the grading pane remains on the bottom third of the screen, and I am able to swipe down to remove it. With my old tablet, which evidently had an older version of canvas installed, it also put the grating pain on the bottom of the screen. For the life of me, I don't understand why this would have been switched, but please, please change it back. It's next to useless now and was previously really nice. 

If anyone has any tips on how to hide the grading pane, I would really appreciate it. Alternatively, please let me all know how to make a feature request. I will continue researching for myself, but in case I don't find it I would appreciate some direction. All I want them to do is put it back how it was before.

Labels (2)
0 Likes