JessicaKlamm
Community Member

Hi - I have multiple students who are not receiving repeated email invitations for them to join our class (we've checked the inbox and spam folders). I tried removing them from the course and adding them back in, but they still are not received anything. Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JessicaKlamm There are a few possibilities.

1. The course is unpublished (or has its start date set in the future). Invitation notification emails are not sent until the course is published and current. Check the home page to be sure the course is published and the course settings page to see if it has a future start date.
  2. The students in question adjusted their notification preferences. Email notifications are sent immediately by default, but every user can change their preference to put this type of notification in daily digest, weekly digest, or never deliver. Students can see invitation notifications at the top of their Canvas Dashboard even if they don't receive emails. They could check there.

The other possibilities don't seem too likely. I hope one of these explains the situation.

View solution in original post

JessicaDeanSVC
Community Coach
Community Coach

That is certainly a funky one, @JessicaKlamm! While I don't have a good answer about why that would be happening to a subset of students other than something like email typos, I would echo @stimme's second point, the students should be able to log into Canvas and see the invitation on their Canvas dashboard, which would be a nice workaround. You could also contact your Canvas admin (if you are not using the free-for-teachers version) and they can accept the invitation on the students' behalf so they are enrolled in the course and start accessing it when they log into Canvas.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes