Access Denied when trying to view assignments

Jump to solution
calvinc
Community Member

When a number of students submit their assignments to me I get a access denied message. I request access and the student gives it to me. I am having to have students do this for every assignment. How can I make sure I have access to every students submissions going forward? The assignments are from Microsoft. The students click the share button in Word, for example, and they copy the link or URL to paste into canvas. I asked my IT team here and they said it wasn't something they could fix on their end. Can I get any help with this? Thank you.

2 Solutions
calvinc
Community Member

Yes, they are submitting from their 365 account. I have 24 students and about 5 of them are giving me the issue. The others I am always able to view for grading. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@calvinc ...

ok.  Then, I stand by my initial thought about this being a possible permission setting on their end.  While I cannot be 100% certain of this (because I cannot see their accounts), there may be some settings they need to change to allow files to be seen in a more "public" way.  Just a guess, though.  I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes