cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhealey
Community Member

Allow student to see annotations on previous submissions of same assignment

Jump to solution

When I mark assessments, I make extensive use of the annotation tool, but a student cannot see annotations on previous submissions, if they have to resubmit.

Teachers can. Students can't. 

If the student does not address all of the issues in their submission (sometimes no issues!), the teacher has to re-type all the annotations on the resubmission.

Several of my colleagues have abandoned this valuable tool because of this. Can this be rectified please?

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @mhealey 

Currently, students cannot see previous submissions. This is intended behavior. 

I found this idea conversation that was created that fits your request. You can rate this idea on how important you think it would be. 

Student view: View submissions and comments for all submissions

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @mhealey 

Currently, students cannot see previous submissions. This is intended behavior. 

I found this idea conversation that was created that fits your request. You can rate this idea on how important you think it would be. 

Student view: View submissions and comments for all submissions

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @mhealey ...

In addition to the helpful information that you received from @blopes, I believe that "Assignment Enhancements" would allow you, as a student, to see past submission feedback from your instructor.  "Assignment Enhancements" isn't a feature that is turned on for all school's that use Canvas as their LMS (Learning Management System), and this may be the case at your school, too.  If your screens do not look like what is displayed in this Guide, How do I view assignment feedback from my instruct... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com), then your school most likely has not turned on "Assignment Enhancements" yet.  But, as you can see in the screenshots, there is a drop-down list that says, "Attempt 1".  This is where you, as a student, should be able to cycle through all submission attempts for a given assignment...and hopefully see feedback from your instructor on each attempt.  If "Assignment Enhancements" isn't turned on at your school, you may want to speak with your school's Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they have any plans to turn this on in the near future.

I hope this extra bit of information will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!