Answer keys?

Jump to solution
cyoung12
Community Novice

Are there answer keys so I can grade more quickly?

5 Solutions
barbmurck
Community Participant

Yes, please - I have seen this discussed on the Canvas Community for years and there doesn't seem to be an answer that is workable.

We have a large bank of Short-Answer questions, from which we draw randomly for our quizzes. They are marked by TAs. Each student of course gets a different set of questions. I need to find a way to have the answers appear to the TAs in Speed Grader, but not to the students.

It is extremely cumbersome to use a separate answer key because each quiz will have a different set of questions, so it's big time-waster for the TAs to have to search through the long answer key to find the right answers for each quiz.

I have tried putting the answer in "General Comments" but there is no way to hide the comments from the students, so that doesn't work.

Thanks for any input.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your reply. I understand.

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 10:12 AM barbmurck@gmail.com <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Likes
BryanSarauer
Community Member

How is it possible that they have not built answer keys into quizzes? I assumed that I was simply not understanding something but based on these questions this obvious feature doesn't exist? I come from a background of using D2L where it's a basic feature of quizzes. Every question has a key. 

barbmurck
Community Participant

No, evidently they are not reading these posts. I just got an e-mail saying that my post - in which I said "Yes, PLEASE give us a way to have answer keys" - has been accepted as a solution.

Umm... OK?

lenz
Community Participant

@barbmurck 

I saw that too, just before my head exploded.  😵  I honestly don't know what else to do to get their attention.  If I had time, I would start a whole new thread using thesaurus synonyms for answer key just to see if we could get a human's attention.

I did fall into the rabbit hole for a minute and start looking at something called "Tracker" or "Mastery Tracker" or something like that.  Do you know what that is?  I have no idea, but I don't think it's part of the CANVAS that we use here at the UW.  I skimmed it too fast but wondered if it might somehow magically apply to your situation

Have a great weekend and congratulations on your "solution!"

Cherie (@lenz)

0 Likes