cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
battenpg

As Instructor how do I get an email notification of my announcements?

Jump to solution

When I send an announcement to students I'd like to get a copy emailed to me. That happens on one of my courses but not the other. I know from attending a workshop that there is some switch to toggle on or off for that, but I cannot figure out what it is. How do I get a copy of every announcement sent to my inbox?

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @battenpg ‌, that's the Announcement Created By You notification setting, as depicted in How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  That setting should prevail across all of your courses unless you have specifically disabled notifications from a particular course. That's a brand-new Canvas feature documented in How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @battenpg ‌, that's the Announcement Created By You notification setting, as depicted in How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  That setting should prevail across all of your courses unless you have specifically disabled notifications from a particular course. That's a brand-new Canvas feature documented in How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor? 

Thank you, Stefanie. I did not know -- or probably had forgotten -- that I

could click on "Account" and reach that menu. I kept going back to

"Settings" and hitting a dead end.

Phillip

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:46 PM Stefanie Sanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted, Phillip!

0 Kudos
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi Phillip,

Getting a notification email‌ when you post an annoucement‌ depends on how you have your notification preferences‌ setup within Canvas. Here is a Canvas guide‌ that will walk you through setting up your notification preferences so that you can get an email like you would like. (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26294-how-do-i-set-my-canvas-notification-preferences-as-an... )

0 Kudos

Thanks, Brian.

I had either never known or had forgotten that I could click on "My

Account" and find some options there. That worked.

Phillip

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 2:04 PM bneporadny@southcollegetn.edu <

0 Kudos