Batch Download Attachments in Quizzes (or New Quizzez)

Jump to solution
hewei
Community Member

Hi whether in speedgrader or in Quiz, I have to click on each student submission (which are attachments) and manually download each response, very inefficient. Does the NewQuizzes or Quizzes function allow one batch download all attachments (and name each attachment according to student name) please? This will hugely speed up my grading thanks a lot for implementing this immediately. 

Let me know if this feature is already present in NewQuizzes thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @hewei 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with downloading file attachments in  new quizzes in bulk. Unfortunately, this is not currently an option with New Quizzes although we understand the need  and want for such a feature. You can bulk download assignment submissions but classic and new quiz file attachments or uploads cannot be downloaded all at once. You could consider  splitting the quiz to include a part b that is actually an assignment where the students upload their files there. This would help with the bulk download and also auto-grading your quizzes if the rest of the questions are multiple choice, T/F, fill in the blank etc.

Besides that, you would need to look at each quiz individually. However, this is a  great idea and we understand the desire to download all at once. 

Feel free to check out our Ideas Conversation forum as we implement great ideas such as this that we find within the community. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas   

View solution in original post