cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjones14
Community Member

Building Drag & Drop Activities - Resources

Hello,

Aside from the Drag the Words option available through H5P (Drag the Words | H5P ), are there other free or low-cost resources for building drag the words/phrases/sentences activities that work with Canvas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
stephen_taylor
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

HI Mjones, 

Have you tried the New Quizzes?  They have drag and drop ordering and drag and drop word banks built into them as default question styles.  Check out this video for more information:  

mulrich1
Community Participant

Is the "New Quizzes" option still available? I can't see it on my account. I, too, am looking for a drag and drop quiz, where students can click/pin their answer on the correct part of an image that I upload.

stephen_taylor
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi  @mulrich1 , 

Yes it is.  If you go to Quizzes and +Quiz it should be there as an option.  If it doesnt offer you classic or new then you need to press the three dots next to +Quiz and then Reset quiz engine choice.

Stephen

mulrich1
Community Participant

In Quizzes I see the +Quiz option but nothing more. The 3 dots next to +Quiz button only give the options to "Manage Question Banks" and "Commons Favorites." How do I reset quiz engine choice?

stephen_taylor
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

When you press +Quiz it should give you the option of Classic Quiz or New Quiz then.  If not then contact your administrator and ask them to turn it on in feature options (though I thought it was rolled out automatically now).

I am the Canvas Admin for my district and like the posts in this thread from a year ago, there is not option to for "New Quizzes."  I've looked through all of the Admin setting and haven't found anything either.  How do we enable it?

Thank you,

Zack

Stephen there is no drag and drop option under +quizzes.  Is there another resource where we can see this?  I watched the video you have posted but there isn't anything in there about drag and drop.  

Thank you

@ZackVoll ...

You may need to reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager at Instructure to see how New Quizzes can be enabled at your school.