cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magssf
Community Participant

CSV File for Gradebook

Jump to solution

Hello - can someone please send me the CSV file used for grading students submissions so I can just upload to Canvas? I click on the link and nothing works.  Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

magssf...

If you want to import Grades from a CSV file, then you are going to need to refer back to the linked Guide I provided you earlier today.  However, you'll want to look through that Guide to know exactly how to prepare the rows and columns so that Canvas will be able to import your grades successfully.  It might be best to first download (export) a CSV from your course Gradebook...that way, those columns are already there for you, and then you can edit the CSV "offline" as needed, and then re-upload it back to your course Gradebook.  (Refer to the information in the blue box of that Guide.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello magssf...

I'm not really sure what you mean when you ask someone to send you a CSV file.  Have you taken a look at these Guides?

magssf
Community Participant

Yes but I click on the link below and nothing happens:

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

What browser are you using, magssf?

magssf
Community Participant

CHROME

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again, magssf...

When you select the option to Export your course Gradebook using Google Chrome, you should see an indication that the file downloaded a few seconds later at the bottom of your Chrome browser window.  There will be a little carrot (upward-pointing arrow) icon next to the file name, and you can click on that icon to select "Show in folder".  This would open up a window to show your downloads via Chrome.

Alternatively, you may want to click on the three dots at the top right corner of your Chrome browser and then select "Downloads" (or just press Ctrl+J on your keyboard).  This will show you a listing of recent files you've downloaded to your computer, and you can click on the link to "Show in folder" to access the CSV there, too.

I hope this will help, Margaret.

magssf
Community Participant

i want to IMPORt

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 11:40 AM chofer@morainepark.edu <

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

magssf...

If you want to import Grades from a CSV file, then you are going to need to refer back to the linked Guide I provided you earlier today.  However, you'll want to look through that Guide to know exactly how to prepare the rows and columns so that Canvas will be able to import your grades successfully.  It might be best to first download (export) a CSV from your course Gradebook...that way, those columns are already there for you, and then you can edit the CSV "offline" as needed, and then re-upload it back to your course Gradebook.  (Refer to the information in the blue box of that Guide.)

0 Kudos