Calendar Bug?

Jump to solution
rgibson1
Community Champion

A faculty asks:

"I am having an issue with the Canvas calendar feature. I am putting in events and then trying to extend them across multiple days. Specifically, I am just labeling the weeks of the semester as week 1 – all the way to week 16. For the first 10 or 11 weeks I had no issues but after that the new labels could not be extended beyond Monday. I stopped getting the cursor (the double-headed arrow) that allowed me to drag the event across the week to Friday."

I was able to replicate this once. I tried a second time and it worked. Has anyone experienced this?

1 Solution

@rgibson1 ...

Since you initially indicated that you had a faculty member report this to you, I would suggest that the faculty member submit the possible bug ticket to Instructure...via the "Help" >> "Report a problem" link.  When doing this, it is best to tell your faculty member that he/she needs to be on the page where the issue is occurring...as using the "Report a problem" link sends some additional metadata behind the scenes along with the ticket that is useful for the Help Desk agent who will be helping.  Now, if you are also experiencing the same thing, by all means, also submit a ticket in this same way.  But, if the Help Desk agent can work with the faculty member directly, that's going to be the best way to get the ball rolling if there is truly something going on that needs to be looked at further by Canvas engineers.

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes