Can't submit Google Cloud Assignment in my External Tools when creating an assignment

Jump to solution
MelodyWilson1
Community Member

I am trying to create an assignment for my students to receive their own individual copies of a Google Jamboard. I have followed all of the directed steps: chose External Tools as the submission type; selected Find and chose Google Docs Cloud Assignment in the configuration dialog window. However, instead of directing me to my Google Drive to locate the file, it defaults back to the dialog window with the message "An external tool can't be saved without a URL." So I've copied the link to the Jamboard I want to upload, pasted it under URL, and clicked Load in a New Window, but when I press the Select button, nothing happens. I've tried several times to no avail. Very frustrating. Can you help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@MelodyWilson1 ...

I've not used Google Jamboard, so I'm not sure if it can be used in conjunction with Google Cloud assignments.  When you choose the "External Tool" option for your Canvas assignment and then choose the Google Cloud option, a URL is automatically filled in ... in the "URL" text box of the "Configure External Tool" box.  I don't think you should be changing this URL to anything other than what was filled in...as this URL is what should be pointing you to log in to your Google Cloud account.  Have you tried clearing your browser history/cache?

Once you do this, close your browser completely.  Then, re-start your browser.  Log in to Canvas, and see if you are able to connect to your Google account.

Keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes