Can you edit a Microsoft Collaboration doc from your OneDrive?

Jump to solution
AliciaSwackhame
Community Participant

Hello,

I can't seem to find the answer to this and am hoping someone else has run across this. I have created a Collaboration with students and used an Excel spreadsheet that I had created. I wanted to make edits to the spreadsheet, so I went into my OneDrive and made the changes. They did not appear in the Collaboration. I have to go into the Collaboration and make edits from there in order for them to save. 

I thought the doc was still housed in OneDrive. Is that not correct?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
crafte
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AliciaSwackhame Open the Excel file in your OneDrive and note the URL at the top. It points to your OneDrive. Open the Excel file in the Collaboration you created and edit it. You will notice that the URL for the file differs from the file in your own OneDrive. When you create a collaboration and you select a existing file saved in your own OneDrive, it is copied to the Microsoft LTI OneDrive. This creates a separate file. You can either edit the spreadsheet via the collaboration or edit the collaboration, remove the original file and add a new one (this, of course would remove any existing student contributions).

View solution in original post