Cancel Button

Jump to solution
PaytonCole
Community Explorer

Move the cancel button further away from the submit button.

I have accidentally hit "Cancel" multiple times, and Canvas will simply delete everything without confirming that that's what you want to do.

So those words that I just typed up are gone because there's not a safeguard.

But if you hit the back button, a confirmation box appears to make sure that you want to navigate away from the page.

Even this box here has been "auto-saved."

Why is that not a feature for teachers whenever they are creating content for their class?

I would like to add that this was a complaint on Canvas from another post 3 years ago, so I am not the only teacher to have this issue.

I am sure other teachers are making this mistake every day and most would like to see these buttons be separated at least a few pixels.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey there, @PaytonCole ...

It sounds like you would want to create a Feature Idea here in the Community about this.  However, I noticed that you are a New Member, and so you might not yet have the ability to submit new feature ideas until you "rank up" and do more things here in the Community.  Here are the Guides that I usually reference when people want to submit a new Feature Idea:

Here's a Guide on how the ranking system works: Welcome New Members.

I hope this helps a bit.  Let folks in the Community know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes