Cannot download course file

Jump to solution
GRS1
Community Novice

I am instructor. I cannot download files that were previously added to the course for students to access. (I wanted to download them to update them). From within a Module, I can see the file, and when I double click, I can see the option to download, but when I right click on for open in new tab, all I get is blank window. Nothing happens if I just click on the download link (no right click to open to new tab). Nothing downloads. No error msg. The same thing happens if I follow a similar process from Files. 

thanks for any thoughts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @GRS1 ...

If you use your course "Files" screen, are you following the directions to download a file (or files) in this Guide?

How do I download a single file as an instructor?

You can also use the Ctrl button on your keyboard to select multiple files all at once (files that aren't next to each other), or you can select a range of files by pressing the Shift key on your keyboard instead to select the first file and then the last file in a range of files you want to download.  Then, use the download icon as shown in the Guide that I've linked above.

The other option for you is to download the entire course.  You can do this from your course "Settings" page.  The exported file will download with an extension of *.imscc.  However, you can change this extension to *.zip, and then you'll be able to unzip the file like any other zip file.  The files you are looking for will be located in a folder within that zip file.

How do I export a Canvas course?

Hopefully one of these options will work for your needs.  Keep us posted here in the Community...thanks!

View solution in original post