Canvas Plagiarism Framework and Manually-Created Courses

Jump to solution
nlatimer
Community Champion

Hello,

We have been using the Canvas Plagiarism Framework for well over a year now with no issues. Our instance of Canvas is integrated with the PowerSchool SIS. But - the Plagiarism Framework is not available as an option with a manually-created course (using "Start a New Course") in Canvas. I am wondering if this is because manually-created courses do not have a Course ID. Courses brought over from PowerSchool are automatically assigned a SIS ID. 

Examples

English 9, a course brought in from PowerSchool:

336570_Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 1.24.25 PM.png

2020 English 12 course, created manually:

336571_Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 1.26.25 PM.png

The "Course Code" above is just a shortcut name for the name of the course, made up by the teacher.

I am trying to find out from either/both Turnitin and Canvas if the reason that the Plagiarism Framework is not available for a manually-created course is because the course has no Course ID. According to the Turnitin documentation, it is a requirement. See here, under "Turnitin's Use of Canvas Data:"

Setting up the framework | Canvas Plagiarism Framework 

Would anyone happen to know the answer on this or be willing to hazard a guess on whether or not I am on the right track?  If/when I get an official answers, I will be sure to update this question.

Thank you!

Nancy

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

nlatimer,

Do you know if your manually created courses are going into the same account or sub-account that you have the Turnitin Plagiarism Framework configured?  I am asking because we have a number of manually created courses and all of them have the TPF available in the Assignments area.  We have the TPF enabled at the root account level.

Robbie

View solution in original post