Canvas mastery path

LindaMercado
Community Member

I am trying to set up a Mastery Path. I want the students to take a pretest. If they pass it they would move on to the next pretest. If they fail, they would move on to the lessons in the module. They would need to pass each lesson in the module to move on to the next. Then they need to pass the post test to move on to then next pretest. When I look at it on Canvas, it appears to be set up that way. When I go to student view, it says that all the assignments are locked until they take the pretest, however, it allowed me to complete an assignment without completing the pretest. I purposely failed the pretest, by it opened up the next module anyway. HELP!! What am I doing wrong?

Edited to add some screenshots as suggested:

One screenshot is the teacher view. I then went in and took a screenshot of student view. It initially shows that everything is locked except for the first pretest and won't let me do anything until I take the pretest. I took the pretest and failed it. That should have then just opened up the first assignment. Instead it opened all the assignments in the first module and the pretest in the second. It says the assignments are locked until the previous one is graded, but it still allows me to open them and complete them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes