Copy New Quiz from One Course to Another within Institutions?

Jump to solution
rcordeiro1
Community Participant

I am trying to copy a New Quiz from one course to another. I see on the side of the quiz it says "Copy," and so I click that, and then it asks which course to copy to, and which module to copy to, and then it gets to copy and says at the top that the copy is being made (or something like that). I click "close," and go into the place the copy should appear, and it's not there. I've waited, tried multiple different places within the second course, and I still can't find the quiz. 

Is there something I'm missing? It would save me hours of time to be able to copy this New Quiz over. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, rcordeiro‌, this process is normally very quick. However, I can confirm that at the moment I can replicate what you've described: I initiated a Copy To of a new quiz and after waiting for an hour, it still did not display in the destination course. It's possible that in this exceptionally high-volume environment we might be experiencing a backlog of content migrations in the queue. Your best course of action would be to submit a help ticket (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) to make sure that Canvas Support is aware of the issue and to see if they can prompt your quiz copy out of the backlog.

View solution in original post