cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kburkes
Community Contributor

Course Alerts?

Jump to solution
There is a course-level permission called "Alerts - Add/Edit/Delete". The official definition of this function is below.  However, when I go to look at course Settings, I can't find anything about alerts.  Can someone enlighten me about where to find this feature and more about what it does?  Thanks.
Alerts (Course Settings)
Allows user to configure alerts in course settings. Alerts are a seldom-used feature designed to send an alert to students, teachers or admins for specific triggers (e.g., no student/teacher interaction for 7 days). They are checked every day, and notifications will be sent to the student and/or the teacher until the triggering problem is resolved.
Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

kburkes, this is probably in anticipation of Canvas releasing “Nudge” - Canvas X: Nudge‌. I know some schools are already piloting it and I hope to this fall!

Kona

View solution in original post

michelle_powell
Community Participant

I contacted my CSM last week about this and here is their response:

"This permission was created a few years ago for the Alerts feature, which is a pre-beta tool that is not fully built enough for general use at this time."

View solution in original post

5 Replies
meichin
Community Member

I see that it also says, "This is an account setting that must be turned on by your customer success manager."  I was wondering if this is a new thing? 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

kburkes, this is probably in anticipation of Canvas releasing “Nudge” - Canvas X: Nudge‌. I know some schools are already piloting it and I hope to this fall!

Kona

82711010bc61080

Does anyone know why this permission was removed from the online document for Course and Account role permissions?  https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/Canvas_Permissions_Course.pdf  or https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/Canvas_Permissions_Account.pdf?    I refer my universities to look at this document, online, to select what permissions they need for their custom roles, however, I just noticed this morning that permission isn't in these documents anymore. I can pull from the front end and send what that permission does/mean to my users, but was curious why it was removed from the documents.

michelle_powell
Community Participant

I contacted my CSM last week about this and here is their response:

"This permission was created a few years ago for the Alerts feature, which is a pre-beta tool that is not fully built enough for general use at this time."

Mike_Olson

It looks like the last post was made in 2020, unless I'm missing something. Does anyone know if any progress has been made?

Thanks!