cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beckyr
Community Member

Course data being processed. Please come back in 24 hours.

Jump to solution

Received this message when I tried to view Analytics. Anyone know why?

350334_Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 4.19.37 PM.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@beckyr  

The New Canvas Analytics doesn't provide real-time data for much of the information is shows. It updates some of its information once a day.

If you just enabled New Analytics, it may not have ran the first time yet and you should come back tomorrow to see the information.

It may also not have anything to show if the course was just published or the students haven't done anything in it yet. If your course isn't published at all it may not have anything.

Finally, since your course says it's a test course -- do you even have students in it? That might be the reason there is no analytics.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
James
Community Champion

@beckyr  

The New Canvas Analytics doesn't provide real-time data for much of the information is shows. It updates some of its information once a day.

If you just enabled New Analytics, it may not have ran the first time yet and you should come back tomorrow to see the information.

It may also not have anything to show if the course was just published or the students haven't done anything in it yet. If your course isn't published at all it may not have anything.

Finally, since your course says it's a test course -- do you even have students in it? That might be the reason there is no analytics.

View solution in original post

I get the same error.

I need a list of my student emails. In previous courses, I ran the report in New Analytics BEFORE the course began. Therefore, although I agree with the response of it won't have data to show for student usage, there is at least 1 report that will have data in it.

Do you have a suggestion of how I can get a list of all my student emails from Canvas? I need it to link to an outside app. If we use an email other than the Canvas email, it will not link correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce Newell
San Diego, CA