cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vince_walker
Community Member

Creating a link to a new page

Jump to solution

Before the update this year, i was able to create a link in a page and opt to link it to a new page that would be created when i click on the link. Then i would edit the page. It was super fast and easy. Since the update, i cant seem to create a link to a new page.

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah yes...I do remember that feature with the old RCE.  I don't think that feature exists any more with the New RCE, unfortunately.  At least, I've not seen it at all.  🙁

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @vince_walker ...

I'm not sure which update you are referring to (there have been several since the start of the year).  (Side note, you can always read through the monthly Canvas Release Notes and more frequent Deploy Notes.)  I think what you may be asking about, however, is how to link to other content pages within your course, correct?  If this is the case, then you would want to use this Guide: How do I create hyperlinks to course or group cont... - Canvas Community.

Do you think that this will meet your needs?  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

vince_walker
Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I can already do this. What i want to do is highlight a word or phrase in a page im working from, then create a link that links to a page that has not been created yet. I want the click of the link to create the new page. I could do this last year. I cant do it any more. Any way. Thanks for your reply.

Ah yes...I do remember that feature with the old RCE.  I don't think that feature exists any more with the New RCE, unfortunately.  At least, I've not seen it at all.  🙁

View solution in original post