Cross listing course sections

Jump to solution
rmb50
Community Novice

I need to cross list course sections but cannot find the function that allows this.

When I follow the instructions and click on settings, then the course I want to cross list, it only shows me the students enrolled in the course.  I do not get a cross list button.

What to do?

M. Bricka

Mississippi State University

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @rmb50  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Many schools, mine included, restrict the permission to cross-list courses because of the potential for FERPA and/or Title IX concerns.You can learn more in the discussion at New FERPA requirements for cross-listed courses! 

I would check with your school's Canvas Admin/Support Department, and if permitted by school policy, they would be able to accomplish the cross-listing for you.

I found this on the Mississippi State website: Canvas: Cross-Listing Courses.  That page states,

"Crosslisting allows instructors to move enrollments from individual courses into one course. This provides one course with one grade book, discussion board, etc. All students are managed out of one course.  Crosslisting should be done when the course is unpublished and has no student activity.  In an effort to make crosslisting simpler for the MSU community,  a new eform has been created to make the crosslisting requests."

Further down, I also found this,

"To request a Crosslisting Master Course complete the Canvas Course Request eform located at eforms.msstate.edu or by going to myState. Click on Canvas Course Request."

I hope all of this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes