Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caitlin_stiles
Community Contributor

Customizing Course Invitations

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to customize the course email notification/invitations which are sent to students. I find that the emails aren't that user friendly and student's overlook them because its not totally clear what they've received.

Thank you!

1 Solution
kona
Coach Emeritus

@caitlin_stiles ​, unless there is a way on the back-end, which I don't *think* there is, there isn't a way to customize course email notifications/invitations.

And I know I already included it on your other question, but for the sake of being thorough, you may consider adding this as a Canvas Feature Ideas​ - How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Coach Emeritus

@caitlin_stiles ​, unless there is a way on the back-end, which I don't *think* there is, there isn't a way to customize course email notifications/invitations.

And I know I already included it on your other question, but for the sake of being thorough, you may consider adding this as a Canvas Feature Ideas​ - How do I create a new feature idea?

keast_d

I haven't come across a solution for customizing the email to students. 

vcashdollar

I haven't seen anywhere so far that would allow this, but I Think it is a great idea!

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion

We too think it's a great idea to be able to edit this course invitation.  It is not clear about what to use as a username, how to deal with a password, and it provides a link which could easily be a phishing scheme.  Even our teachers are mystified by the email.

AdriëneGeurts

Would be great to be able to adjust the text, but would also love to have the opportunity to turn notifications off in general for the whole organisation. As the invitation notification has no value for the student as they are registered to the courses for their semester automatically.

0 Kudos