Eliminating previous years grades

Jump to solution
AdamJoiner
Community Member

In order to make my life "easier," I thought I would put all of my classes in one. It worked last year. I put them all in the same one as last year to save me time. The problem is that I have some students who are in the next grade up and also in my class again. Their grades and modules from last year are in my gradebook. How can I eliminate them?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @AdamJoiner ...

I would highly recommend that you have separate course shells for each of your courses rather than combining everything in to one course.  That way, you are keeping your students separated by class, and you don't have to deal with the issue that you have described.  At our school, if a single instructor is teaching several sections of the same course, each course has a unique course shell, and the student enrollments match between our SIS (Student Information System) and the Canvas courses.  If you remove students in your course, that will also remove their coursework (which you or your student may need to refer back to at a later date).  Once the student is added back into the course, the coursework is recovered.

It might be best to have a conversation with your school's local Canvas administrator (or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department) to figure out the best way to move forward for your situation.

Hope this helps a bit.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes