Embedding an assignment doc across multiple teacher courses

JeffCampbell
Community Contributor

I am the only person teaching my course at my school, but there are teachers who teach it at other buildings in our district. We created a collaborative course that we built our curriculum within and add content to across the year. We can then copy material out into our own courses. Some other teachers have shown how to embed a Google Doc or a OneDrive Word doc into an assignment in such a way that students can type right into the document and hit submit without ever leaving the assignment screen. We have talked about doing this within our own content. 

Our goal is to set up our assignments, either on OneDrive or Google (we have both) in a shared folder that we all have access too. Then embed the assignments into our collaborative course in the manner described above so it can be edited/submitted without leaving the assignment page. Then be able to copy the Canvas assignment page from our collaborative page to the ones we use with students and it is ready to use without any additional edits. Another teacher said that the assignments had to be relinked when a copied to another teacher's course.

Is this a possibility and if yes, could someone provide some guidance to help us?

Labels (1)
0 Likes