cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llindsay1
Community Member

Embedding audio powerpoints

Jump to solution

How do you insert a PowerPoint slideshow with audio and an embedded video into an Assignment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi  @llindsay1 . Embedded Powerpoints only convey the images in the slides, not video or audio. If students download the Powerpoint, the embedded multimedia files should be contained within the Powerpoint and then students can access them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi  @llindsay1 . Embedded Powerpoints only convey the images in the slides, not video or audio. If students download the Powerpoint, the embedded multimedia files should be contained within the Powerpoint and then students can access them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi Adam, Thanks for responding!  Yes, I figured that out by playing around with the app. Then I tried exporting my PPT as a movie, but it wouldnt upload to canvas on the file upload side.  So I then tried to upload it to my google drive and am currently waiting for it to be done processing. I am hoping I can add the linked google media and click the add preview button, but we will see!  As I am trying to teach art to Kindergarten through second grade online now, I have to put audio to the PPT for the non readers, which is what started this process.  I do not want to ask kindergarteners to download the PPT to play it, but just be able to view it in their assignment page on canvas.  

awilliams
Community Champion

One thing you might try is recording a video of yourself presenting the Powerpoint with your own audio soundbites included. You can do this directly in Canvas. If you want to troubleshoot the movie upload issue further, one thing to check on is if your local Canvas administrator can increase the storage quota for your course. By default, the storage quota is 500mb and that fills up fast with movie uploads.

Adam, Thanks!  This information is very useful, and I so appreciate your help!