cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tia1
Community Member

Enabling Mastery Paths

I am trying to create mastery paths, however, I do not see the "setting icons" to enable the mastery path. Mastery Paths have been enabled within the course. Suggestions?Screenshot of module page

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Tia,

By default you can only use gradable items such as Assignments and Quizzes to start using Mastery paths.  It needs to be something that is gradable to have the criteria which sends students to the appropriate path.  The screen shot you posted is for a Page so it would not show there.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26539-how-do-i-assign-a-conditional-assignment-for-students... 

Pages also can't be used as 2nd or 3rd items in a mastery path either by default. If you want to use them that way you'll need to edit the page and check the box towards the bottom to "allow in mastery paths" How do I allow a page to be a MasteryPath module item?  

Rick

Greetings! Thank you for your response. I still have the same issue with an quiz to start the mastery path.. any ideas?

tia1
Community Member

I see the instructions state to open the mastery path on an assignment

345347_Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 7.01.23 AM.png

Yet, Mastery path seems not to be enabled even though it is within the settings:

My settings:

345350_Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 7.09.05 AM.png

My module page:

345334_Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 7.01.04 AM.png