Entering assignments for more than 1 class at a time

Jump to solution
evelyn_robinson
Community Novice

How do I enter assignments for 2 classes at once?

1 Solution

Hello  @evelyn_robinson ...

Thank you for the extra details.  To my knowledge, there is no way to create one assignment in two separate courses at the same time.  An alternative to using Commons is to use the Course Import Tool.  First, create your assignment in Course A.  Then, go to Course B and use the Course Import Tool to select specific content from Course A.  Check out this Guide: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

That being said, there is one benefit I can see of first sharing your assignment to Canvas Commons.  Let's say that you have a "master" course shell (different than Course A and Course B) where you've built some content for a course.  You share that content from your "master" course to Commons.  Then, you import that shared content from Commons to Course A and Course B.  Later on in the semester, you realize that you need to make a correction to that content.  Rather than updating both Course A and Course B separately, you only update the "master" course.  Then, you push out the update to Course A and Course B.  Essentially it is an "update once, distribute to many" concept.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Evelyn.  Let us know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes