Exporting Course Rubrics using the Export Content API

Jump to solution
bbisbee
Community Participant

Howdy! 

I'm currently on an adventure to deploy course rubrics from a central course and apply them to courses that need them. I am trying to accomplish using the Content Exports and Content Migration APIs. I can get the entire course to export, but I am trying to export just the rubrics, ideally specific rubrics. The body of my request is :

{
  "export_type": "common_cartridge",
  "select": {
    "rubrics": []
  }
}

While the export does not fail, the rubics file that gets generated within the common cartridge file is empty. 

Does any one have any suggestions or advice?

Thanks,
Brian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

The array needs to have the migration IDs for each of the rubrics to be copied.  Since there aren't any ids specified, it doesn't export any of the rubrics.

You can try updating to the following since this is the copy value needed when using the selective_import process.  I'm not certain if it works for the select parameter though.

{
  "export_type": "common_cartridge",
  "select": {
    "all_rubrics": "1"
  }
}

If that doesn't work, I would recommend using the "selective_import" query parameter rather than the "select" query parameter.  You will then need to call the List items for selective import endpoint to identify the copy parameters for the desired content. Then call the Update endpoint and provide these copy parameters to start the import.  To export all of the rubrics the copy parameter should be the following:

copy[all_rubrics] = 1

View solution in original post