External Examiners can't view assignments

Jump to solution
scameron3
Community Explorer

Good morning,

I am reasonably new to Canvas, but so far I have managed to work things out. This one, however, has me stumped.

We have set up assignments in Canvas through TurnItIn.  Teachers and other roles can view and access the submitted work, however our External Examiners are unable to see anything other than the below error message. Once I change them to a Teacher Role, it's fine.

341379_Annotation 2020-03-13 095921.png

In Permissions, External Examiners currently have access to 'Announcements - View' and 'Discussions - View'.  I have tried adding 'Assignments and quizzes - add / edit / delete', but it makes no difference.  The entire 'Grades' section is greyed out for them, and cannot be added.

Is this a problem anyone else has encountered, or is it a problem within TurnItIn?

Any assistance gratefully accepted.

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution
scameron3
Community Explorer
Author

I have now resolved this, but will leave it here for anyone who might face a similar issue.

External Examiners were based on a student rather than teacher role. As such it could not view submissions in TurnItIn.  This could not be edited, and the role had to be rebuilt and re-assigned.

Steve

View solution in original post

0 Likes