immaculate-kizz

Extra Exam Time

Jump to solution

How do I give one student extra time to do an exam/quiz?

Tags (1)
1 Solution
ericwerth
Coach Emeritus

Hello  @immaculate-kizz  and welcome to the Community!  This document describes how extra time can be added to a student's attempt(s), Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?.  

Let us know if this doesn't work for some reason!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ericwerth
Coach Emeritus

Hello  @immaculate-kizz  and welcome to the Community!  This document describes how extra time can be added to a student's attempt(s), Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?.  

Let us know if this doesn't work for some reason!

Hello,

I am an instructor at Colorado State University and I found this reply in my search for how to give a specific student extra time on a published quiz. However, when I click your solution link, I get a message indicating I do not have sufficient privileges to view the link. I would appreciate any assistance/advice. I can be reached directly, via email, at mike.snell@colostate.edu.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Mike Snell

0 Kudos

Hello there, @mike_snell ...

The link that @ericwerth had provided back in April 2020 doesn't appear to re-direct to where it should.  This is because in the Summer of 2020, the Canvas Community platform switched to a different hosting environment.  One of the things that happened is that URLs changed.  Many of the links from the old Community site re-direct to the current site, but there are a handful of links (as you've seen here) that don't re-direct like they should.  The nice thing is, though, that most of the time, you can figure out what the page name is to find the current link.  So, for example, Eric had linked to a Guide about a published timed quiz.  You can type in those keywords (or sometimes even look at the URL of the link) into the search box at the top of any page here in the Community.  This *should* bring up search results based on the keywords that you provide.  So, I was able to find a working link for you:

Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my stu... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

This Guide can be found as part of many Guides in the Instructor Guide section of the Community website.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!

0 Kudos