cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpolley
Community Member

Google Form not accessible to students

Have you assigned a google form quiz through Canvas? I have an issue with students accessing a Google Form via Canvas. I created an assignment then linked a Google Form quiz from my HHH google drive. Students can access and complete the form through Google Classroom but students can not access the quiz through Canvas. The link is accessible but when students click on the link they receive a message in the browser that they do not have permission to the document. Suggestions and advice would be appreciated.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @jpolley ‌, please check the settings of the Google form to make sure anyone with the link can complete the form.  

Something I have found really helpful is having the student integrate their Google accounts with Canvas.  This seems to help pass their Google account credentials through to the links instructors add in.

To do the integration, have the students go to their account settings, and then under "Other Services" have them click on Google and sign into their account (make sure it is their school on).  This will then move Google to the "Registered Integrations".  This will also now allow them to submit work directly from Google anytime "File Upload" is set as one of the submission types.

Hello there,  @jpolley ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Community, and I came across yours.  I wanted to check in with you because noticed we haven't heard back from you since you first posted your question on September 19, 2019.  It looks like  @nwilson7  replied to you later that morning.  Have you had a chance to review his feedback?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to his response.  However, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please let us know that as well by posting a note below letting Community members know how we can help.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" (How we keep your questions flowing!‌) because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Joe.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.