Gradebook

Jump to solution
ValerieBashaw
Community Explorer

Hello,

we just switched from Blackboard, and the gradebook is set up differently.  In BB there were 2 columns, one that had the total points (which I made unavailable to students) and another that has the weighted grade (I used a letter grade and %).  My gradebook does not have this...I have to go to individual students to find this, when I want to see it as a whole. 

Is this possible?  Thank you! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @ValerieBashaw ...

On your "Grades" page, you will need to scroll all the way over to the right-hand side of your screen (you may have to scroll a lot depending on how many assignments you have in your course), and there will be a "Total" column.

If you want to have assignments weighted in your course (for example: Written Assignments = 50%; Quizzes = 35%; Graded Discussion Posts = 15%), you set that up on your "Assignments" index page.  You create assignment groups on this page and then weight the assignment groups accordingly.  Then, move the assignments in your course into these assignment groups.  When you go back to your "Grades" page, you'll see columns near the "Total" column for each of the assignment groups you created.  Here are some Guides on this for you:

I hope these resources will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hi,

Please note that you may always bring the "Total" column to the "front" by clicking ":" and select the option accordingly. Best!

View solution in original post

0 Likes