cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNPSLMS
Community Member

Group Set - adding students

If I add/move students into a group set, does this remove them from the section in which they are currently placed?

Example: I am adding 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students into a book club group, but I want them to remain in their respective classes as well.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @NNPSLMS ...

On your "People" page, your course roster shows you which section each of your students is in.  But, the "Groups" and "Group Set" areas that can be configured within the "People" page won't affect any students that are enrolled in various sections within your course.  So, you should be all good.  One way to confirm this on your own would be to log in to your school's "test" environment.

As the documentation indicates, this is a separate environment from your school's "production" environment (the environment that you typically log into every day).  You could do all your testing there.  Then, when you are comfortable with how you've set things up, log out of the "test" environment, and then log back in to your "production" environment to set up those same groups/group sets.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.