cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfleming
Community Member

Groups and Scheduler

Jump to solution

Can scheduler appointments be limited to specific students in a course? We are using Canvas for advising and would like to have students be limited to scheduling an appointment only with their advisor (there are 3 advisors in the course). Is there a way to control this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KelleyMeeusen
Community Participant

Hi @lfleming 

Per this guide, How do I add a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?,

"If you have created at least one group set in your course, you can have students sign up in groups by clicking the Have students sign up in groups checkbox. Then select the name of the group category you want to use for the group signup 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KelleyMeeusen
Community Participant

Hi @lfleming 

Per this guide, How do I add a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?,

"If you have created at least one group set in your course, you can have students sign up in groups by clicking the Have students sign up in groups checkbox. Then select the name of the group category you want to use for the group signup 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.  I am trying this in a sandbox course with no students, so cannot fully test.  However, if I read those instructions correctly, if one person in the group signs up for an appointment, the entire group is also signed up.  This would then be a group appointment.  I am trying to have individual appointments with each person in my group.  Is this possible?