HELP I cannot view email attachments being sent to me

Jump to solution
Community Novice

Hi, there a few of my teachers have been attempting to send some edited work of mine back to me but there are no files at the bottom of the email after they have stated that they have sent an attachment of my work. why is this? is it to do with the server at my end or theirs? 

Assistance is required ASAP. 

Thanks, 

Jared

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @102567141  Welcome to the Canvas Community and sorry that you are having this issue! Basically, this is indeed a limitation with the conversations feature in Canvas in that IF:

a, You send your teacher a message with an attachment via your Canvas INBOX; and

b. Your teacher replies to that message using his/her external email client (Outlook, Gmail, etc.) with an attachment, THEN

c. You do not see the attachment.

If it helps, show your teachers the following Feature Idea for an explanation of all this: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4746-attachments-to-inbox-from-external-email .  While there is text in the message in the Canvas-generated email, it's fair to say that not everyone sees this!  The bottom line is that when replying to you, your teachers should either use the Inbox in Canvas to send the attachment OR simply does NOT reply to your message directly but rather compose a separate to you in their email program.

I hope this helps, Jared. Good luck with your studies and be well. 

View solution in original post