Help with making an existing doc into a fill-able doc

Jump to solution
michelleelliott
Community Member

How can I take an existing document (see attached) and make it a fill-able document that kids can type their answers on and submit to be graded?  I am finding that when they type answers, it messes up the worksheets.  Is there a way to keep the worksheet from moving around when they type?  I have tried the google cloud assignment but it is still giving me that problem.  Thank you!

1 Solution
njokup
Community Member

Hi Michelle,

You can turn your word doc into a pdf and then edit the pdf to make it a fillable form. Here is a link tutorial on converting files to pdf. After making the fillable pdf, upload to Google Drive. I created a version you can use. The only issue I couldn't figure out is how to have students draw and color on the fillable pdf. 

Another option is to create a google form. Students can write in their answers. You can import a the picture with numbers or letters on the countries and bodies of water and then have the student write in the name or match the letter or number to options provided. Still can't figure out the drawing part.

There is Google Drawing, where you can scribble your image. In a Google Doc -> Insert -> Drawing -> "+ New". Then you see a box and can insert shapes, lines, etc. To draw, click on "Line" and change to "Scribble". You can change the color of shapes. These are the only things I can think of.

View solution in original post