Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Hide Rubrics From Student View

Jump to solution

Hi,

Raised this with Canvas as well, but hoping to find a way around it.

I am able to create Rubrics and Outcomes to an assignment in the root level and import these Rubrics and Outcomes to an assignment. We do not want Rubrics/ Outcomes to be visible from students. Is there a way to hide these features or some work around it.

Thanks in advance.

Ashok

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ashok_thapa , as far as I’m aware, no, there is no way to hide rubrics from students if they are attached to an assignment. The only thing I can think of is doing some custom global JavaScript that would block it from student view. 

Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ashok_thapa , as far as I’m aware, no, there is no way to hide rubrics from students if they are attached to an assignment. The only thing I can think of is doing some custom global JavaScript that would block it from student view. 

Kona

View solution in original post

ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Hi  @kona 

If there is an option to assign Rubrics/ Outcome to assignment by default, that would save some time for us.

Well, looks like we have to custom code this. Hopefully will succeed too.

Thanks for the info.

Ashok

ashok_thapa
Community Contributor

Got an update from Canvas that we can hide Rubrics from enabling "Turn It In". It is not a free application for integration which would ask 'customer key' and 'shared key'.

Canvas is looking into other integration apps that does similar function.

Hope this helps.

Ashok

evelyn_doody
Community Participant

I would also like to hid the rubric. Except I want it so the students and I can UNHIDE it.

Most of my rubrics are very long and it's a real pain for both the students and me to have to scroll, scroll, scroll to get to the next thing to do. I would like to have them hidden and set up so either the students and I can unhide them to look at them.